The BCG maintains an application for web-based, authenticated Git repositories. By default it authenticates against your Biostat account, but we can also add other non-local users, so that you can give access to off-site collaborators. The repositories are backed up nightly.
The web interface is at https://git.biostat.wisc.edu.
When requesting a Git repository, please let us know:
- the repository name
- whom to make the repository owner
- who else will have access
- if anyone without a Biostat account needs access, their names and email addresses
- what permissions the repository should have (see below)
The application we use, Gitblit, has moderately sophisticated access controls, so we can fine-tune who can do what with your repository. Here are the access options:
- Restrict Push (Authenticated): Anyone can see and clone this repository. All authenticated users have RW+ push permission.
- Restrict Push (Named): Anyone can see and clone this repository. You choose who can push.
- Restrict Clone & Push: Anyone can see this repository. You choose who can clone and push.
- Restrict View, Clone, & Push: You choose who can see, clone, and push to this repository.
Selecting who can see and do what is managed from within the web application.
Please mail email@example.com to request a Git repository or with any questions.